DMCA Copyright & Intellectual Property Policy
Neither AFansite.com, AFansite.net, or any other affiliated organizations have any involvement in the day-to-day content and financial decision-making and may in no way be held liable for any infringements of copyright.
Copyrighted material on this website is used in accordance with 'Fair Use', for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis, and will be removed at the request of the copyright owner(s). As a non-profit, non-revenue producing site, AFansite.com provides its content as a free, educational, and informative service for its readers. Copyrighted content on this site may not be further used for profitable purposes without the expressed written permission and consent of the copyright owner.
This policy implements the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. S 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Also known as the DMCA for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. It is the policy of AFansite.com to respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, their agents, and representatives. Users of any part of AFansite.com are required to respect the legal protections provided by applicable copyright law.
AFansite.com Designated Agent to receive notification of alleged infringement under the DMCA is:
Columbus, Ohio 43204
Email violations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(this email address is only for copyright infringement claims, you will not receive a reply if the matter is not a copyright issue).
When we receive proper notification of claimed infringement, AFansite.com will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA.
Complaint Notice Procedures for Copyright Owners
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement complaint notice:
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit AFansite.com to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit AFansite.com to contact the complaining party, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you do not include all of the above information, it may invalidate your notification or cause a delay of the processing of the DMCA notification. Please note that, under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Please also note that the information provided in your notification to us may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content. AFansite.com reserves the right to publish Claimant information on the site in place of disabled content.
Notice and Takedown Procedure
Procedure: It is expected that all users of any part of AFansite.com will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if AFansite.com receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity provided all such claims have been investigated and determined to be valid by AFansite.com at sole and absolute discretion.
AFansite.com will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received. Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
It is AFansite.com policy to permanently cancel the privileges and authorizations, in appropriate circumstances, of repeat copyright infringers.
Accommodation of Standard Technical Measures
It is AFansite.com policy to accommodate, and not interfere with, standard technical measures it determines are reasonable under the circumstances, i.e., technical measures that are used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works.